Reservations and Rental Contract
- How can I make a reservation?
You can contact us by phone, fax or mail. You can also use the form found in our web page or the chat option.
- Which documents do I need to hire a vehicle?
– Identity card or passport.
– Valid driving license. If your license does not have latin characters you should also present an international driving license . Fotocopies are not valid. (at least two years driving experience is needed).
– Tarjeta de crédito válida. VISA, MASTER CARD. No son válidas las tarjetas de débito tipo visa electron u otras similares.
- Is there any charge for booking cancellations?
As the general rule you can cancel your reservation at any time without any charge.
Exceptionally, during the high season and for ‘high end’ vehicles, a deposit might be requested when making the reservation. This deposit will not be refundable if the reservation is cancelled with less than 10 days advance.
- When do I have to pay for the rental?
The rental price has to be paid when picking up your car and signing the rental agreement.
Exceptionally during the high season months and for “high end” special vehicles a deposit might be requested in advance when making the reservation. We will inform you of this circumstance during the reservation process.
- How can I pay the rental?
The rental price has to be paid with a valid credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD).
Debit cards, like VISA ELECTRON will be accepted for payment if another credit card is presented as a guarantee.
The card holder has to be present when signing the rental agreement.
- Can I change the duration of the rental agreement once I have the car?
You can return your car at any time during the rental agreement. We will refund you the amount for the not consumed days.
You can also extend the duration of the rental contract by contacting any of our officess before the date and time stablilshed in the rental agrement. Insurance coverage will end at this date and time if the contract is not extended.
Exceptionally during the high seasons months of july and august , or for special or high end cars, your vehicule might be reserved for another client at the scheduled ending date and time. In this case it might be impossible to extend the rental agreement and other options should be checked.
- Which concepts involve an additional charge?
Yellow Car offers a clear price policy with no surprises. The following extras might have an additional charge if not mentioned when making the reservation or requesting your quotation:
– Child seats / Booster seats
– Additional driver
– Malaga Airport or Train station car pick up between 22:00 pm and 08:00 am.
– Car pick up or return to Malaga train station Maria Zambrano
- Can you deliver and collect the car from my Hotel or address?
Yes. Normally this service has no additional charge but, exceptionally, during high season period or great distances from our office there might be a small supplement.
We will inform you of this situation when making your reservation
- Can I pick up or return my car at Malaga Train Station (AVE)?
Yes, at Malaga train station Maria Zambrano with a supplement.
- How many drivers can I have in the rental agreement?
A maximum of 3 drivers can be included in the insurance agreement. All additional drivers have to be authorized by Yellow car in the rental contract and must fulfill the same requirements of age and driving license as the main driver..
Our rates and quotations include insurance for one driver .
- Can I drive your vehicles out of Andalusia?
No, you cannot drive our vehicles out of Andalusia. Exceptionally driving into Gibraltar is allowed
- What happens with traffic fines?
The main driver in the rental contract is responsible for any traffic infraction caused during the rental agreement.
When requested by traffic Authorities we have the legal obligation to identify who was the person driving the car at the date and time of the infraction, providing drive’s personal details such as name and address. The fine will be then notified in your country with instructions of how you should proceed for its payment.
Yellow Car will not charge you an administration fee for traffic fines.
Malaga Airport procedures
- How do I pick my car up when I arrive at the Airport?
Someone from our staff will be waiting for you in the arrivall area with a board with Yellow Car name. You can check the detailed procedure in this link.
It is very important that you provide us with your exact arrival flight number so we can track your flight in case of any delay.
- What do I do if I can not find your representative at the Airport?
Please call to +34 952 171768 or 600 560 718
- Can I fill the fuel tank at Malaga Airport?
Yes, there is a BP petrol station just besides our office. We recommend you fill the car tank there before returning your car. You can see a plan in this link.
- How do I return the car at Malaga Airport?
To return the car at Malaga Airport just drive to our office located in front of the Airport building and we will drive you, in your own car, to the Departures Terminal. You can see a plan in the following link.
- What is your fuel policy?
Our cars are delivered with full tank and should be returned full (full / full policy). Otherwise we will charge the consumed fuel with a supplement for the refilling service.
- What does the insurance include?
Yellow Car provides a full risk insurance with no excess with the following coverage:
– THIRD PARTY INSURANCE. This is the minimum compulsory insurance in Spain. It protects the rental for any damage caused to someone or something outside the car with no amount limit. Car occupants, excluded the driver, will also benefit of this insurance up to a maximum of 50.000.000 €.
– C.D.W (Collision Damage Waiver). Protects the renter against liability to Yellow Car for the cost of repairing or replacing the rental vehicle and its parts or accessories if damaged during the rental period (provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms of the rental agreement). This protection extends to 100% of the damages cost without any amount to be paid by the client as a partial responsibility (excess). Broken windscreens and mirrors are also included.
– T.P.I. (Theft Protection Insurance). Protects the renter against liability to Yellow Car for the loss or theft of the vehicle and its parts or accessories. This protection extends to 100% of the damages cost without any amount to be paid by the client as a partial responsibility (excess).
– -P.A.I (Personal Accident insurance). Provides cover to the driver for death, permanent disability or medical expenses occurring as a result of an accident caused by himself, up to the following amounts:
Death, permanent disability … 6.000 €
Medical assistance … 1.800 €
- What is not included in the insurance?
– Accidents caused under the influence of alcohol or drugs
– Theft of personal belongings left into the car.
– Accidents caused when the rental period established in the contract has expired
- What are the age requirements to rent a car?
Minimum age to rent a car is 23 years and 2 years driving license experience. Maximum age is 80 years.
- What should I do in case of an accident?
In case of an accident with another vehicle you should gather all possible information to allow us an insurance claim. The minimun information wil be: registration number of the other vehicle, personal details of its driver (name, address and telephone), details of the vehicle insurance (company and poliy number)
It is also important to gather information of possible witnesess. It is recommended to request the police intervention as the best witness.
You have to report the accident to Yellow Car as soon as possible and always into the period of the next 24 hours. If the accident happens during our office opening times please call us inmediatly and we will help you with all the procedure.
If the car can not be driven we have a 24 hours road assistance service that will take care of the accidented car and will provide you with an alternative transportation option like a free taxi. For this service please call 900 300 188
- What do I do in case of a breakdown?
In case of a breakdown just get in contact with any of our offices and we will arrange a car substitution as soon as possible. If the car can not be driven and you break down out office time we have a 24 hours road assistance service that will take care of the car and will provide you with an alternative transportation option like a free taxi. For this service please call 900 300 188.