Reservations and Rental Agreement
You can contact us by phone, fax, email. You can also make a reservation through the form on our website or via the chat on the same page.
– National ID card (D.N.I.) or passport.
– Valid driver’s license. If your driver’s license does not have Latin characters, you must also provide an international driver’s license. Photocopies are not accepted.
– Valid credit card. VISA, MASTER CARD are accepted. Debit cards like Visa Electron or similar ones are not valid.
As a general rule, you may cancel your reservation at any time without any charge. Exceptionally, during periods of high occupancy and for high-end special vehicles, a deposit may be requested at the time of booking. This deposit will not be refundable if the reservation is canceled with less than 10 days’ notice.
The rental must be paid at the time of vehicle pickup. Exceptionally, during peak season months or for high-end special vehicles, an advance deposit may be requested at the time of booking.
Rentals must be paid using a credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD).
In the case of payment with a debit card (VISA ELECTRON, etc.), you must also have a credit card as a guarantee.
The cardholder must be present at the time of signing the contract.
You can return the car at any time within the rental agreement’s validity, and you will be refunded for the unused days.
Additionally, you can typically extend the duration of your rental agreement by contacting any of our offices before the scheduled end date and time. The insurance coverage will end on the date and time specified in the rental agreement if an extension is not requested.
Exceptionally, during high-demand periods (such as July and August) or for special and high-end vehicles, your car may be immediately reserved for another customer at the scheduled end date and time of your contract. In this case, it may not be possible to extend your rental, but we can explore other options.
Yellow Car offers a clear and surprise-free pricing policy. However, please note that the following items may incur an additional charge if you did not mention them when making your reservation or requesting a quote:
– Child seat / booster seat
– Additional driver
– Vehicle pick-up at Malaga Airport or train station between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
– Delivery or pick-up of the rental vehicle at María Zambrano train station (AVE).
Yes. Normally, this service doesn’t have an additional cost, but exceptionally, during periods of high demand or at a significant distance from any of our offices, there may be a small surcharge. We will inform you of this circumstance when making your reservation.
Yes, at the María Zambrano station in Málaga (AVE), by paying a supplement.
They can have a maximum of 3 drivers, provided that they have been authorized by Yellow Car in the rental contract and meet the age and driver’s license requirements. Our rates include the insurance cost for one driver.
No. As an exception, its use is allowed in Gibraltar.
The main contract driver is responsible for any infractions committed during the vehicle rental period.
Most infractions are reported to us after the rental contract has ended, and it is our obligation to provide the driver’s identifying information and address to the traffic authorities, who will subsequently notify them of the infraction.
The driver must directly pay the fine to the traffic authorities in the manner specified in the infraction notification.
Procedures at Malaga Airport
Someone from our staff will be waiting for you in the arrivals area. You can see the detailed procedure at this link.
It is very important that you provide us with your exact flight number so that we can confirm the arrival time through the Airport’s flight information and respond to any possible delays.
Yes. There is a BP gas station right next to our office, and this is the place we recommend for filling up the tank upon returning the vehicle. You can view the map at the following link.
You must drive to our office located within the airport grounds, next to the BP petrol station. Our staff will transfer you in your own vehicle to the departure terminal. You can see the map in the following link.
Our vehicles are delivered with a full fuel tank and must be returned in the same condition. Otherwise, you will be charged for the fuel difference along with a supplementary fee for refueling and personnel expenses.
Unless specified otherwise in the rental agreement, Yellow Car offers comprehensive insurance without a deductible, which includes the following coverages:
– THIRD-PARTY INSURANCE: This is the mandatory minimum insurance required in Spain, which protects the renter against any damage caused to other vehicles, objects, or individuals outside the rented vehicle, with no limit on the amount covered.
– C.D.W. (Collision Damage Waiver): This waiver eliminates the customer’s liability to Yellow Car for damages to the rented vehicle or its accessories, as long as the vehicle is used within the terms agreed upon in the rental contract. Yellow Car extends this protection to cover 100% of the damages incurred, and the customer is not required to pay any amount in partial liability (deductible). This includes damages to the vehicle’s glass and windows.
– T.P.I. (Theft Protection Insurance): This insurance relieves the customer of responsibility in the event of theft of the vehicle, provided it is used within the terms agreed upon in the rental contract and on this website. Yellow Car extends this protection to cover 100% of the car’s value, and the customer is not required to pay any amount in partial liability (deductible).
– P.A.I. (Personal Accident Insurance): This insurance provides coverage to the vehicle’s driver in case of death, permanent disability, or medical expenses resulting from an accident, within the following limits:
Death or permanent disability … €6,000
Medical assistance … €1,800
– Accidents caused under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
– Theft or damage to personal belongings left inside the vehicle.
– Incidents occurring outside the coverage period of the insurance (expired rental).
The minimum age is 23 years and two years of driving licence. The maximum age is 80 years.
In the event of an accident with another vehicle, you should obtain the minimum necessary information to file a claim with your insurance (license plate of the other vehicle, details of the other party’s insurance, personal information of the other driver, potential witnesses, etc.).
In case of an accident, it is recommended to request police intervention as the best possible witness.
You must report the accident to Yellow Car as soon as possible and always within a 24-hour period. If the accident occurs during our office hours, we recommend contacting us immediately at the telephone number 952 831492, where we will assist you in managing the accident.
If the accident prevents you from driving the vehicle, we also provide a 24-hour roadside assistance service that will take care of the damaged car and provide you with an alternative means of transportation. Telephone number: 900 300 188.
You should immediately contact one of our offices where we will organise the replacement of the vehicle as soon as possible. In the event that the vehicle cannot be driven and the breakdown occurs outside office hours, you can contact the 24-hour roadside assistance service on 900 300 188 where you will be provided with a towing service and transfer of passengers.