A navigable lagoon with more than 1.4 hectares of crystal clear water on the Costa del Sol? An idyllic beach with turquoise waters and surrounded by white sands? Yes, you heard right. Between Estepona and Casares, in the heart of Andalusia, we find a real oasis: Alcazaba Lagoon. We are talking about the innovative Crystal Lagoon system, artificial lakes already present in more than 190 countries around the world, such as Las Vegas or Dubai. Alcazaba Lagoon is the largest artificial lagoon in Europe.
A luxury Caribbean resort bathed by crystal-clear waters.
Since 2015, this luxury resort has been offering us the possibility of enjoying the Caribbean atmosphere in Spain, in its designer homes with white lines and soft contours. Surrounded by a lagoon of crystalline waters, its exclusive flats (spacious, bright and with terraces) allow us to live at the highest level with a unique ecosystem and all the necessary services: homes with the best qualities, leisure areas, water sports and a restaurant. Let’s not forget that, in addition, you are just a few kilometres away from all the facilities you will find in the numerous tourist towns on the Costa del Sol, such as Marbella, Fuengirola, Benalmádena or Torremolinos, where the world’s most famous celebrities have passed through.
But, as well as permanent stays, Alcazaba Lagoon offers the possibility of enjoying a dream day for a price of 35€ per adult and 20€ for children. The entrance fee includes: sunbeds for adults, use and enjoyment of nautical services and the services of the lagoon.
How is the lagoon water preserved?
Crystal Lagoon technology applies a disinfection system that uses up to a hundred fewer additives than those used in the treatment of conventional pools, making it much more environmentally friendly. The process is carried out by means of disinfection pulses which, using only 2% of the energy used in conventional treatments, achieve a water quality and maintenance that meets the different standards required, allowing for an exhaustive care of the environment.
What will you find on your visit to Alcazaba Lagoon?
- Sports. You can practice various water sports, such as kayaking, paddle surfing, pedal boats, canoeing, sailing, kitesurfing or windsurfing; play all kinds of sand sports, especially volleyball; make use of its green golf courses; or train in its indoor gym overlooking the lagoon.
- Nature. Alcazaba Lagoon is located in an environment of natural beauty where the Mediterranean Sea and the Natural Park Los Reales de Sierra Bermeja meet.
- Gardens. It has more than 2,000 square metres of exotic gardens.
- Swimming pools. In addition to the lagoon, Alcazaba Lagoon has three swimming pools for all ages, one exclusively for children, with a permanent team of lifeguards and a beach bar.
- Terraces. Alcazaba Lagoon has a terrace and chill out area where you can enjoy cocktails and natural juices.
- Alcazaba Lagoon has solarium areas, jacuzzi and sauna, a small outdoor spa.
- For children. Activities designed for the little ones to enjoy.
Alcazaba Lagoon Restaurant
Another great attraction is the Alcazaba Lagoon Restaurant where Mediterranean cuisine reigns supreme with salads, rice dishes and, of course, seafood and fish. It is located overlooking the lagoon and has indoor and terrace service to enjoy the best views.
There is no better way to get to this paradise than by car, and the best option is to rent one of the 400 vehicles in the Yellow Car fleet.